Wednesday 2 September 2009

Pandan Chiffon


Had a craving for simple pandan chiffon yesterday so decided to just make one at home as opposed to buying it from random places. Don't like the ones with garish green colouring and a lot of commercial pandan chiffon lack the fragrance of pandan. Homemade always better.

I recalled it was about 11pm after Naddy's farewell dinner that I started extracting pandan juice. I decided to be ambitious and make 2 cakes instead, not allowing the pandan juice to go to waste. The first one, as pictured above came out as soft as clouds. Incredibly fragrant and so comforting when eaten. The second one.....hopes of blessing someone with it today were dashed as it totally collapsed on me because it was undercooked. At 1230am, my oven timer rang and I thought hmmm looks cooked enough only to be dissapointed this morning. Never bake when in a bad mood or when sleepy.

Will definitely make again, hands up Pandan Chiffon fans, who knows one might come your way soon enough.

2 comments:

Just Shelley... said...

*two hands up* :p

Babystack said...

You got it! will give you a buzz the next time I make it:)