Monday 15 March 2010

Silver and Pink Cupcakes


Love the colours. An order for pink and silver themed cupcakes. I did initially thought of taking the easy way out and bake those cuppies in silver foil cupcake holders but I ran out. Also, I was not going to run out to the shops to buy a stack of 100 silver cupcake holders for just 16 cupcakes. So we improvise. I had some silver dust and dusted the little flowers with those.

To be honest, I am always a little nervous when I am given only 2 colours to work with. Somehow there needs to be a balance, too few colours will render a boring and monotonous design ( unless it is just one design like a corporate cupcake, then it will look uniformed and neat), too many colours, hmmm the kiddies may like it but for adult cupcakes, a no-go, it will look very messy. So to give me enough "colour space" to work with, 3 - 4 colours is best and let me know which colours can dominate.

No comments: